Defenders 12.5 x 17 x 27 cm Deer and Wildlife Deterrent (Weather-Resistant, Motion-Activated, Flashlight and Radio Speaker, Repels Pests from Plants in Gardens), Green
RRP PRICE: £49.99
SALE PRICE: £38.25
YOU SAVE: £11.74
SALE PRICE: £38.25
YOU SAVE: £11.74
- Motion-activated, battery-powered deer and wildlife repeller – uses FM radio speaker and LED flashlight to deter garden pests humanely
- Battery-powered, humane deer and wildlife repellent – PIR motion sensor conserves battery life as unit only uses power when sensor is activated; Motion sensor has adjustable sensitivity
- Audio-visual deer deterrent is easy to set up with adjustable mount for set-up anywhere in the garden, including on trees, fences or walls; durable ABS plastic, weather-proof housing will withstand outdoor use, FM radio is tuneable with fully adjustable volume levels
- Welfare-friendly repeller deters deer from foraging vulnerable plants and shrubs in gardens; stops wildlife from damaging parks and woodland areas
- Deer deterrent requires 3 x D 1.5 V batteries (not included)
Deer and wildlife deterrent from defenders humanely repels deer and wildlife from foraging in vulnerable garden areas. The unit uses proprietary technology developed and tested by leading garden and horticultural professionals. Deer repeller is recommended for use in any area where deer and other foraging animals are damaging plants and trees in woodland, parks or gardens. The unit is battery powered and requires 3 x D 1.5 V batteries (not included). PIR motion detection system maximises battery life and enables the unit to remain on standby until an animal strays into the detection area. PIR sensitivity is adjustable. The powerful FM speaker will broadcast whenever the unit is activated. FM tuning and volume levels are fully adjustable. The LED light will flash on whenever the FM speaker activates. Deer and Wildlife Deterrent has a weatherproof housing manufactured from durable ABS plastic. The unit is supplied with a mounting bracket for easy set-up.
Directions for Use
- Remove thumbscrew on rear of unit to access battery control compartment
- Insert 3 x D cell batteries (not included). Ensure correct polarity by following the diagram included in the instructions. Rechargeable batteries are not recommended
- Rotate the value control downwards to turn on the unit
- If necessary, wave your hand in front of the PIR lens to activate the unit
- Press the tuning unit to automatically scan the FM tuning band to receive an appropriate signal. Repeatedly press the tuning button to choose your station. Press the reset button to reset the tuning to the lowest frequency. Test reception by setting unit down and removing your hands. When the unit is close to your body, tuning sensitivity can change
- Rotate the time duration control (Time) to the desired setting. Shorter durations will extend battery life while longer durations will have more effect on persistent pests. Experiment with this setting for best results
- Rotate the sensitivity (SENS) control to the desires setting. Typically leave it set at maximum (fully clockwise)
- Re-install the battery door and secure with thumbscrew. Ensure the battery door is fully sealed around the entire panel. Ensure thumbscrew is tight to ensure weather resistance. Do not over tighten
- 1 x STV688 repeller
- 1 x Warranty card
- 1 x Instruction sheet
|Dimensions:||12.3 x 16.5 x 26.1 cm; 679 Grams|
From the manufacturer
Caring control of pets & wildlife
Part of the Mega-Sonic range.
Keep your lawn, garden and outdoor areas free from unwanted pests with the comprehensive range of welfare-friendly solutions from Defenders.
Mega-Sonic Deer & Wildlife Deterrent from Defenders
Motion-activated radio and flashlight deters deer and other dawn-raders from foraging
The Mega-Sonic Deer & Wildlife Deterrent from Defenders is a unique audio-visual deterrent that helps prevent deer and other foraging animals from damaging woodlands and vulnerable plants and shrubs.
The unit features an adjustable PIR detection system combined with a powerful, bright flashing light and FM radio speaker. Foraging animals activate the unit and are repelled without harm, eventually seeking a new habitat.
Part of a comprehensive range of deterrent products from Defenders.
- Dual action – flashlight and audible speaker deters animals without harm.
- Battery powered for easy set-up, with PIR detection to conserve battery life.
- Weather-resistant housing with mounting system for easy fixing on trees, fences or walls.
- Deters deer and other dawnraiders from foraging vulnerable plants and shrubs.
- Unit supplied pivoting wall mounting bracket.
Mega-Sonic Deer & Wildlife Deterrent has a coverage area of up to 8 metres in an 110 arc.
Weather tested outer casing with internal rubber seals gives guaranteed water resistance providing garden protection year-round.
The motion-activated repeller detects animal movement delivering a powerful FM speaker combined with an LED light that flashes to humanely deter foraging animals.
Always ensure the unit is positioned in an open unobstructed area.
The battery powered Mega-Sonic Deer & Wildlife Deterrent can be set up in garden, park or woodland areas where mains power is unavailable
(requires 3xD batteries not included).
Dusk till dawn grazers
The deer is usually found living in woodland areas, not often seen in gardens as they do most of their feeding from dusk till dawn. Deer will feed on a wide range of plants from fruit and veg to roses, camellia and rhododendrons – deer are not even deterred from thorny varieties of vegetation.
Fraying tree damage
Tree bark isn’t even off the menu for deer and damage can be caused to the woody stems of young trees through feeding and fraying. Fraying is the action of a male deer rubbing their head against the trunk of sapling trees to remove the outer skin or velvet from a new set of antlers. This rubbing action on trees is also a mark of territory. Unfortunately this rubbing action can cause cuts to tree trunks and damage the growth of the tree.
Defend against your visitor
Garden fencing will help to form a barrier of protection but this could be a large and expensive project. To protect young trees, stake fencing around the trunk to hold back the deer from feeding or fraying. Alternatively, the Defenders Mega-Sonic Deer and Wildlife deterrent will sense their movement using a PIR sensor, activating flashing lights and sound.
Deer are distracted by sudden movement; a quick and easy, low-cost deterrent is the Defenders Repeller Ribbon. Sunlight catches the reflective iridescent ribbon as it moves in the wind deterring deer and wildlife from the area. Aluminium ammonia sulphate is another option, this is a soluble powder surface treatment that will make the treated area distasteful repelling deer from returning to forage. See Defenders Fox and Wildlife Repellent and the other comprehensive range of products from Defenders for more information.
|Mega-Sonic Deer & Wildlife deterrent||Fox & Wildlife Repellent 2x50g sachets||Repeller Ribbon||Jet-Spray Pond & Garden Protector|
|Product overview||Dual-action visual and audio deterrent||Powder to be dissolved in water that repels foxes and wildlife from treated areas||Vsual and audio deterrent||Water jet repellent|
|Power source||Battery operated (not included)||N/A||N/A||Battery operated 2 x AA (not included). Mains water hose pipe required|